TAG is in search of an Executive Director to join the team
Organization Executive Summary
TAG-Houston is a membership based nonprofit organization committed to unifying the Houston region and advocating for adequate funding of
transportation infrastructure. TAG has advocated for transportation funding and policy issues for more than 10 years with a focus on bringing more funding to our region for better mobility and connectivity. Over the last 10 years, TAG has grown from a small idea to an impactful movement and organization that has heavily influenced, local, state, and federal policy decisions and ideas. We believe that infrastructure investment cultivates a better quality of life and provides the
necessary backbone of our region’s thriving economy. TAG Houston’s mission is directed by a working 12-member Board of Directors that is actively involved in all of TAG’s initiatives. TAG staff and leadership work closely with leading transportation agencies, officials, industry experts and advocates to convene and build consensus on major policies and issues impacting transportation in the Houston region.
TAG Houston is seeking a passionate, creative, and energetic leader who possesses the ability to lead, support and inspire internal and external
stakeholders towards building unity and consensus for key legislation and funding for mobility priorities. The ideal candidate has public policy experience, non-profit and transportation industry management expertise, highly effective communication and networking skills, and existing positive relationships with Houston region government officials, transportation agencies and industry leaders. Experience with membership recruitment and management is also preferred.
Board Governance: Work with the Board of Directors to achieve the organization’s mission
- Responsible for leading TAG Houston in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors strategic plan
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Oversee preparation and staffing for all Board and committee meetings
Organization Mission and Strategy: Work with the Board of Directors and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through advocacy, events, programs and member engagement.
- Responsible for initiating and leading the periodic strategic planning process to ensure that TAG Houston fulfills its mission
- Work with regional government officials to lead advocacy efforts on key legislation and other issues that impact the Houston region’s transportation infrastructure
- Develop programs and events that support TAG Houston’s mission
- Enhance TAG Houston’s image by being active and visible while working with stakeholders
- Represent the organization in meetings with
- Local, regional, and state elected officials and key staff
- Regulatory officials and staff
- Community leaders and groups
- Public at large
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources to ensure the financial health of the organization
- Execute sound accounting and financial practices and effective fiscal management that works within the approved budget, maximizes resources, and maintains a positive financial position
- Manage organizational staff and consultants leading social media, communications, membership development, operations and more monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the
- Work with TAG Houston’s accountant to prepare annual audit and IRS filings
Organization Operations: Oversee and allocate all appropriate resources to ensure an efficient and well-run organization
- Responsible for the administrative operations of TAG Houston
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of staff and consultants
- Manage day-to-day activities of TAG Houston operations
- Responsible for signing all contracts and agreements on behalf of the organization
- Responsible for the oversight of staff and contract services.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience, demonstrating strong organizational capabilities including planning and program implementation
- Government-relations experience in advocacy work and public-policy
- Strong knowledge of membership development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to guide, support and collaborate with professional staff
- Budget management experience, including budget preparation, analysis, decision- making and reporting
- Record of success in generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Executive level skill in working with a Board of Directors
Compensation and Benefits
TAG Houston offers full-time employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is negotiable, based on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following:
- Cover letter describing why you believe you would be a good fit for the position. Please include your salary and benefits requirements.
- Resume, including list of accomplishments related to qualifications and experience requirements
- Three references included with application submission
Contact: HR@taghouston.org TAG Houston is an equal opportunity employer